Choreography: Sébastien Bertaud
Lights: Tom Klefstad
Video: Héléna Bertaud
For 5 dancers. 24 min.
“Fugitive explores the classical vocabulary in a contemporary perspective. The stage here is deepened by video projections that overlap the different trio, solo, duo and quartet that make this choreography based on fluidity, musicality and emotion. Fugitive as a moment, a look, a feeling … “.
- ” Fugitif provides admirable video work and scratchy score to go with it. The dance is elaborately composed and in seizing symbiosis with the sleek sound and vision”.
“Sebastian Bertaud sign choreography, lights and costumes of a sober contemporary quartet entitled Fugitive. Beautiful cuts, a sense of the plateau, rhythm and musicality enrich an already mature writing. ”
- “Sebastian Bertaud present Fugitive, very beautiful and musical work, ably supported by original video projections. Clear structures, developed with an assertive science, energy and beautiful performers.
“Other moving silhouette, endearing, that of Sébastien Bertaud .This wonderful dancer has always been full of choreographic ideas. I remember the creation of Fugitive, the enthusiasm of the spectators. Ballet has lost none of its luster. He even earned a certain perfection achieved in interpretation. A Senlis, she was dazzling. There was initially Sabrina Mallem, beautiful, courageous, fearless among these three wonderful boys, Adrien Couvez, the breathtaking Germain Louvet and Yvon Demol. The intelligent design of the work, the beautiful aesthetic power that emerges, plan dancers – all remarquables- and spectators out of the atmosphere, into the mysterious world of dance. Once again, I admired the subtle art with which Sébastien Bertaud built – as an architect or a Florentine painter of the Quattrocento – choreographic tables. We have the impression that he studied Alberti, because there is in him an innate sense of not only the effect of perspective, but especially the organization of the space between the dancers, figures that they form with their bodies, the earth stability which opposes the slenderness skyward. All this is perfect. »
Michel Odin, Editor Dance Magazine, January 2014.
- “Sebastian Bertaud sign choreography, lights and costumes of a sober contemporary quartet entitled Fugitive. Beautiful cuts, a sense of the plateau, rhythm and musicality enrich an already mature writing. »
Delphine Goater- Resmusica
- “Always in research, Sébastien Bertaud present Fugitive, very beautiful musical work, ably supported by original video projections. Clear structures, developed with an assertive science, energy and beautiful performers: Laurène Levy, Axel Ibot, Daniel Stokes and Bertaud itself. »
Gerard Manoni Altamusica
“Young dancers” performances, Opera Garnier, 2014
- “Promoted Sujet last November, Sébastien Bertaud is one of the most talented dancer-choreographers of the Paris Opera. Regularly danced by dancers of the Opera on tour, Fugitive is a duo combining video projections and dance, a “intimate choreography based on fluidity, musicality and emotion” who “questions the classical technique on contemporary perspective. ” To discover or rediscover the two pillars of the corps-de-ballet: Lucie Fenwick and Michael Lafon.
IMPRESSION DANCE, Shows Young dancers